Friday, September 30, 2011

Odds and Ends

September is drawing to a close, and Fall has officially arrived. I can hardly contain my excitement over Fall this year. I'm not exactly sure why that is, but it might have a little something to do with pumpkins, scarves, and the NC State Fair- it all just makes me a little giddy. 


Anyways- I wanted to quickly post a few random odds and ends before the start of the weekend... 


  • First- Forbes magazine highlighted eating disorders as an issue that faces executive, working women in an article that you can find by following this link. Eating disorders don't discriminate and I really respect Forbes for addressing such an important issue that affects many women in their 30's and up. People tend to think of eating disorders as generally affecting teenagers and adolescents, however, women of all ages are being impacted by eating disorders.
  • Tomorrow marks the first day that entries will be accepted into the International Association of Eating Disorder Professional's body image art contest: Imagine Me Beyond What You See. It was designed to promote a healthy awareness and acceptance of body images. If you are interested in finding out more about the parameters of the contest, follow this link. When I visited Eating Recovery Center in Denver in March, I saw entry #6 from last year displayed (click here to see it), and it is a beautiful piece of art! 
  • Today marks the final day of National Friendship Month!! Give your friends a big hug today or next time you see them and thank them for how special they are to you! A special shout-out to my childhood best friend who has a birthday today- happy happy birthday Nicole
Hope everyone has a great weekend! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment