Monday, March 5, 2012

International Women's Day

This Thursday, March 8, is International Women's Day! I have posted about this before (here) because I think this is a special day. In fact, 32 countries all over the world celebrate International Women's Day as a national holiday! (It is also known as The UN Day for Women's Rights and International Peace.)

Someone sponsoring this event reached out to me to let me know about this celebration, and I wanted to be sure to pass it on. The event is from 2p-6p, this Thursday downtown, and the details are below! Be sure to check it out! It sounds like there will be things to see, things to do, and refreshments. You will likely meet some new people, gain some new ideas, learn about opportunities for women, and even become involved in projects, if you choose!


No comments:

Post a Comment