Sunday, June 12, 2011

Recovery... Again!! + Support for Parents !!

I recently wrote a few posts on recovery, based on a compilation of  quotes from different professionals in the eating disorder community. I wrote these posts after a reader asked about recovery from an eating disorder, and whether or not it is possible to fully recover. This, of course, begs the question- what is recovery? And what does it look like? These are questions that don't have a definitive answer, or an answer agreed upon by professionals! Just this weekend, I read an article that was published in the NY Times back in April, which  explores recovery. It provides an interesting perspective and one that I thought I would share here for those (like me) who may have missed it. Follow this link to check it out.


Check out the other recovery posts here, which provide different perspectives: #1, #2, and #3


In other news, Project HEAL [to learn more about their awesome non-profit and what they are doing, check out these posts: Q&A with Project HEAL #1; Q&A with Project HEAL #2] is launching a new parents network that is essentially a resource for parents of eating disorder sufferers in NYC (Thursday, June 23rd) and on Long Island (Wednesday, June 22nd). For more info, check out this link.


Finally, speaking of parents!, I wanted to share a link to a fabulous blog post that I read today, written by my friend Nancy Matsumoto- it has some important tips for parents included! She writes about one of my favorite movies-- Little Miss Sunshine! Mealtime Parenting Tips from Little Miss Sunshine

No comments:

Post a Comment