Monday, August 22, 2011


A few weekends ago, I was in Chicago and found myself downtown at a giant expo (a large exhibition= here.). I was offered one of my favorite things in the world- a fortune cookie- by a (friendly) stranger at a booth. As silly as it might sound, I love fortune cookies because I just love cracking the cookie open to read the message inside. (Fun side note- one of my best friends was proposed to in a specially made fortune cookie!) Anyways, inside of my cookie were some very inspiring quotes that I thought really related to recovery from an eating disorder. Not only that, but I think that these quotes are encouraging and inspirational for anyone facing a challenge of any magnitude. So.. here they are:

You must do the thing which you think you cannot do. -Eleanor Roosevelt

Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.  -John Wooden

And while we're on the topic of motivational quotes, here is one of my favorites:

The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. -Lao-Tzu

Sometimes, just putting one (proverbial) foot in front of the other is how we make it through the rough patches and on to our destination.

And now, to make this post a little bit cheesier, this song below is one that I think might brighten your day. I heard it on the way to work the other day and it was playing in my head alll day long. Not a bad song to have running through your head, with its message of 'keeping your head up' :-).


And last but not least, an awesome article via The Huffington Post. Carolyn Costin (contributor to my post awhile back on recovery- here !!!) is interviewed on making a full recovery from an ED, and her encouragement to readers as therapist to Portia de Rossi. Follow this link to check it out. She has a book coming out in October called 'The 8 Keys to Recovery From an Eating Disorder.' Nancy Matsumoto reviewed the book on her blog, here. Sounds like its worth a read :) Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment